Why Do You Need a PCP?
You know you’re “supposed to” have a primary care physician, but you’re not sure why. Here’s how building a relationship with a doctor benefits your whole health.
- Your records stay up-to-date. A physician you see over time has baseline information on your overall health that no one else does. Your established PCP collects regular records of immunizations, vital signs and other health measures, and can more easily pinpoint when something is not right.
- You’re more comfortable. Patients are more likely to mention an emerging health concern or ask a question about their health when they have an ongoing relationship with their doctor. This means you’re more likely to receive treatment for a problem that might otherwise have gone unnoticed, with possible long-term consequences.
- You’ll know your numbers. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A big part of what PCPs do is preventive care — including regular health screenings for things like high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes and much more.
- You can prevent illness. Having regular checkups with your PCP can help you avoid preventable illnesses and ensure a potentially serious health issue is caught early, when treatment can be most effective.
- Your medications will be safely monitored. If you receive medical care from a number of providers, your PCP is the one who will keep track of your medications to ensure they’re all working together safely.
- It’s personal. A doctor who knows you can be much more effective in noticing changes in your health, coordinating your unique care and keeping you well.
What Makes Our Providers Feel Whole
Whole-person health care means care for your body, mind and spirit. Hear from some of our team about how they practice whole-person care and what brings them true fulfillment.
Your Coordinated Network of Care
Our goal is to bring you ease and convenience across our care network while providing whole-person care. Our growing network of dedicated primary care physicians, specialists, locations and services means you can always access personalized, expert health care close to home. From routine checkups to life-saving emergency care, lean on AdventHealth for your family’s unique and changing needs.
Find Whole-Health Support for the Whole Family
We’re by your side through all of life’s ups and downs, here to connect you with expert providers for every age and stage. No matter what kind of care you need, our care navigators are ready to answer your questions, schedule appointments and offer the personalized help you’re looking for.