Comprehensive Pediatric Expertise for Your Family
Making sure your child can grow up healthy and happy is our top priority. We treat everything from sniffles to serious conditions, offering same-day sick visits, extended office hours and, in some locations, weekend appointments. Our board-certified pediatricians have decades of experience treating infants, adolescents and teenagers, offering care that includes:
- Behavioral and developmental evaluations and treatment, if needed
- Care for minor illnesses like the cold and flu, allergic reactions and more
- Nutrition counseling
- Direct access to pediatric specialists
- Recommended immunizations and vaccines
- Regular health checkups
- School and sports physicals
- Treatment for minor injuries
- Well-child care from birth through adolescence
Our pediatricians also help with more than just childhood illnesses and injuries. Regular well-child visits are an important time for evaluating physical, emotional and behavioral developmental milestones, too. At these visits, your pediatrician can address and treat any concerns you may have about your child's eating, sleeping, toileting or learning behaviors as well.
Your Child’s Whole Health Is Our Whole Focus
From bandaging scraped knees to nursing a cold, keeping our children well is our top priority as parents. Less common than a simple bump or bruise, an undetected heart condition can cause problems if it goes undiagnosed. We’re here to explain the importance of EKG heart screenings during sports physicals, which our teams can provide for your children.
If you’ve ever wondered if your child might have attention deficit disorder (ADD) or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), you’re not alone. Common signs and symptoms of ADD and ADHD to keep an eye out for include:
- Daydreaming often
- Difficulty following multi-step instructions
- Easily distracted by external stimuli
- Inability to focus for long periods of time
- Poor impulse control
- Poor school performance
- Poor sleep habits
- Resistant to activities that require sustained mental effort
- Unable to sit still, or constantly fidgeting
Our expert pediatricians are here to help and specialize in diagnosing and treating children with ADD and ADHD. Make your appointment today.
For All Your Family's Health Care Needs
Our health navigators are specially trained nurses here to assist you with all of your family's health care needs. They help to make life easier for our patients through expert clinical assistance and educational, emotional and spiritual support. All calls are confidential, anyone can self-refer and insurance is not required to talk or meet.
Our children's health navigators can answer your questions and help coordinate your child's care, assisting you with:
- Finding a care provider
- Answering your health care questions
- Assistance with scheduling annual office visits and screenings
- Resources and support for you and your family
- Coordination of care among multiple providers and facilities
Answers About the COVID-19 Vaccine and Kids
We’re encouraging parents to get children vaccinated to protect the whole family better. With the answers to these frequently asked questions, we hope you feel informed, comfortable and confident as you take steps to keep your family safe and well.
- Is it safe for my young child to receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Why can my young child only get the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine?
- What kind of side effects will my young child get from the COVID-19 vaccine?
- I heard young kids can develop heart problems from the COVID-19 vaccine. Is my child at risk?
Training Leaders in Pediatric Whole-Person Care
At AdventHealth for Children, we’re honored and excited to train future general and subspecialty pediatricians who feel called to join our mission to heal in body, mind and spirit. Our Pediatric Residency Program, led by Stacy A. McConkey, MD, FAAP, applies the adult learning and Disney Guest Service model to support our residents’ advancement in all core competencies, including patient care, satisfaction, quality and safety.
About Our Academic Practice
AdventHealth Medical Group academic practices treat patients in Care Teams, conferring either in the examination room or behind the scenes on a patient’s case using the latest diagnostic techniques. Our doctors provide comprehensive care in acute illnesses, behavior and mental health, development and growth evaluations, and preventive medicine. As part of AdventHealth’s Residency Programs, we offer teaching facilities that are up-to-date on all the leading-edge medical information, education and procedures.
Whole-Health Support for the Center of Your World
We’re by your side through all of life’s ups and downs, here to connect you with expert providers for every age and stage. No matter what kind of care your child needs, our care navigators are ready to answer your questions, schedule appointments and offer the personalized help you’re looking for.